Some people grumble because roses have thorns; I am thankful that some thorns have roses







Pages

prayer changes things

Can't help it....

My photo
Medina, Ohio, United States
I would rather go to a flea market and dig through old boxes of stuff...than go to the Mall. I am a romantic at heart. I like the cozy feeling I get in a room decorated with tea-dyed lace curtains at the windows and old leather books stacked on oak shelves worn from many years of use. I prefer hard wood floors with hand braided wool rugs instead of wall-to-wall carpeting. I love hand sewn quilts on beds with pillows that have pillowcases with embroidery accenting the edges. and kitchens with vintage flowered dishes in the cupboards... I was just born in the wrong era. The 1930's would have suited me much better.... Oh well, I have adjusted as best I can. When I come home at night, I enter my little world, that is full of all my treasures, and wonderful finds from the past. I am happy. I own an antique shop that is located in the Historic Train Depot in Medina Ohio. Built in 1894. Medina Depot Antiques was opened on November 5th 1994...and I've been having a great time ever since. Antiques, and what they represent, are my passion.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Now what?

After the question, "What did we just do?" The next question we asked was, "Now what?"

We decided on breakfast. The Medina Diner didn't serve alcohol, plus it was 9:45 in the morning... a shame, because we both could have used a drink!

While we were in Medina we decided to stop in at our attorney's office and let him know that we would need his assistance with some paperwork. We told him we had just bought the little train depot on Liberty Street at an auction at the court house. He proceeded to tell us that was impossible, had the depot been up for auction today, he would have been there and bought it! He had been hired by a private party to buy the building when it came up for auction. That date was the 28th of September. We showed him our receipt for the check we wrote for the 10% down on the sale. He studied it carefully for a few minutes, he then said, " Oh #%&#! " To comfort him, I said "Larry, we are as shocked as you are!"

We got the keys to the Medina Train Depot on my birthday, September 14th. I spent the next week planning what to do. There were business classes available at the Medina Career Center. I thought that should be the first thing to do. I signed up. The classes started on the Tuesday of the following week. My mother-in-law, Erna, always wanted to take a business class, so she signed up with me. Wow, this was definately a different direction from nursing school.

I knew I had to make adjustments in my schedule now. I had just too much on my plate! I thought the thing to do to ease up some time would be pull out of The Heirloom Cupboard. I went to see Jane to tell her about my new shop and about my decision to move out. Of course, I wasn't telling her news she hadn't already heard. Everyone was buzzing about the train depot sale, and that Dennis and I had bought it. Before I could say anything, Jane said," Shirley, congratulations, this doesn't mean you are moving out of Heirloom now does it? I looked her straight in the face and said......Of course not!!

What can I say? I told you about that stern school teacher voice she has, it gets me everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment